Southwest Arts Center Performance Theater and Gallery
The Southwest Arts Center Performance Theater, along with the Southwest Black Box Theater is dedicated to providing quality performance arts programming to the residents of Fulton County. Since it’s opening in 2008, the theater has expanded art exhibition programming, presented staged performances, and created theatrical partnerships with professional companies.
The new facility transforms the current 19,000 square-foot Southwest Arts Center Studio into 42,000 square-foot vibrant cultural campus nestled in Southwest Atlanta. The campus boasts 10,000 square feet of green space featuring an outdoor plaza.
- Commissioned mural by acclaimed artist Louis Delsarte, located in the lobby of the theater
- Box office and concession area
- Special exhibition gallery space
- A Studio Education center, featuring classrooms for master classes and workshops for students and families
- 375-seat auditorium and theater, with wheelchair capacity of 8 and standing room for approximately 30 patrons
Performance Support Facilities
- The theater boasts a stage with rigging, lighting and fly loft, scene construction shop, costume shop, orchestra pit, dressing rooms, a green room, production office, and storage.
915 New Hope Road , Atlanta, GA 30331